Tony – Friday Fictioneers

Friday Fictioneers is hosted by the wonderful Rochelle, the undisputed master of what I call Sound Bite Fiction.
She sets the weekly challenge, the standard, and the prompt photo.
The idea, as always, is to write a story of around 100 words based on the picture below, which this week is one of her own.

© Rochelles Wisoff-Fields

Click here to hear the author read his words:

Tony Casquette

Well, well, imagine that.
As Willie Shakespeare might have said, who’da thunk it?
Portuguese Tony is not as dumb as he looks.
Some of you might recall that I was asked to, erm, solve a wee problem.
He was that wee problem.
Or rather, his big mouth was.
He upset a lot of people.
The wrong people.
The people who pay me to solve wee problems.
So I took the appropriate steps.
Nearly.
It did not go quite as planned.
So right now I have my own problem.
Tony.
I’ll try again, more carefully, when I get out of hospital.

50 Responses to Tony – Friday Fictioneers

1. ‘Twas a flattering twist at the close!🐬💦

2. Oops. He may have underestimated Tony.

3. Tony is like another Steven Segal or Chuck Norris! 🙂

4. James McEwan says:

Gently does it, now. Everyone thinks a wee problem is easy to deal with, but if you are complacent those wee problems become an enormous headache. From a simple job of replacing a light build to electrocuting a grass can be tricky.

5. Really liked this, very Damon Runyon

6. I enjoyed where you took the idea of steps. Next step? A Tony redux.

7. Oh dear, Tony wins again!! Great little tale

8. Russell says:

Wee Tony turned out to be a big problem!

9. plaridel says:

gotta live and learn somehow. 🙂

10. Liz Young says:

A ‘wee’ problam? Was that deliberate? Good story.

11. He’ll leave hospital more determined than ever I’m sure! Having said that, I hope he doesn’t succeed, we’d miss Tony!

Here’s mine!

12. draliman says:

I like how he’s determined to finish the job even after his little hospital visit!
    Yes, “Willie” Shakespeare was famous for spouting “who’da thunk it” around ye olde pubs of Stratford-upon-Avon 🙂

13. JS Brand says:

A lot of depth in such a short tale, ce. It reminds me of the seasoned gunslinger who hasn’t recognised that it’s time to retire when younger, faster people arrive on the scene. I can’t help thinking that your hero’s employers will put him into permanent retirement before Tony gets his chance. And hospitals can be very dangerous places…

14. I chuckled at the last line, C.E. Tony is not as easy to eliminate as some of your earlier “problems.” Every hero needs a formidable foe.

15. Nobbinmaug says:

Even with one foot in the grave, you can’t keep a good (or bad) Portuguese Tony down.

16. I love hearing you read your tales! Geat ending.
    Ronda

17. granonine says:

I love the way this one turned out. And I always enjoy listening to you read your stories.

18. Iain Kelly says:

Hurrah! Eagerly awaiting the next episode…

19. pennygadd51 says:

A laugh-out-loud story, CE! Good ol’, bad ol’ Tony – I’m delighted he’s still generating carbon dioxide!

20. Flypaper Tony. Not so easy to get rid of. The last line made me chuckle.

Shalom,

Rochelle

Yay! It’a alive! It’s alive!

22. I love how you’ve clearly conveyed such a big story in so few words.

Susan A Eames at
    Travel, Fiction and Photos

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )