Elegance – Sunday Photo Fiction

This week’s hi-tech vision is a work of art.
As is Al’s superb description which, of course, I totally ignore.

I see her coming towards me, smile wide, arms wider.
Man, she walks beautifully.
We embrace, briefly, exchange a modest kiss.
I open the passenger door of the 911 Carrera Cabriolet, watch her slide in.
I do this partly because I am a gentleman, partly because she moves with such elegance, such class.
I clamber over the driver’s door, pretending to be cool and macho.
She laughs, slaps my arm.
We drive down the scenic coast road, towards her favourite restaurant.
I drink her in, perhaps for a split second too long.
The oncoming car drifts on the bend, I am too slow to react.
When my head clears, she looks less elegant.
Her head cannot be at that angle.
I start to scream…
Beep, beep, beep.
The machine feeds me more drugs.
I see her coming towards me, smile wide…

33 Responses to Elegance – Sunday Photo Fiction

1. Indira says:

Very sad ending to this beautiful story. Liked the last line. Amazing how well you all write.

2. Very powerful! I see it as a car accident. He’s in the hospital getting drugs and she has died. Wonderful story!

Awful ending to such a promising story. I can see how the image of her broken neck would replay in his nightmares. Not a nice thing to see at all, especially since he cared for her. Thank goodness for the drugs. Great story!

Noooooooooooooo! I was there with them, like watching a movie, enjoying the lovely exchange between them. Poor guy having to relive that moment over and over… Well done, Sir! xo

5. Reblogged this on anelephantcant and commented:
    AnElephantCant use delicate doodahs
    To let him near this is a catastrophic mistake
    It is bound to break
    Causing all sorts of heartache
    AnElephant on his best behaviour still has the impact of a major earthquake

6. I agree with everybody else about the loop being absolutely amazing🙂

7. Ally says:

Ouch. Nicely done.

8. pure elegance, love it!

9. luckyjc007 says:

A very enjoyable read! I love how you described his “trip” and brought him back to reality.

10. Bastet says:

I love stories that go in circles like this … fascinating and not a little scary, but wow, really great!

She walks like a dream and he wakes up to a nightmare. .. well done.
    For me the details build the story: the way he pretends, the way she slaps his arm…. and off I go, taken on a longer/other tale.
    I love the way you do that.

12. Fantastic! I love the way you did that. I love your unseen twists.

Once more you’ve twisted a plot and left me mouth agape. First I thought it was a car accident. Looping the story is effective. Well done. .

14. Steve Lakey says:

I love the repeat of the first line at the end, but with a completely different meaning. Excellent!

15. Martin Flux says:

Love the way the story loops back on itself with the last line!

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )